Heath Bar Brunch Cake
- Yield: 12 servings
"I received this recipe for Heath Bar Brunch Cake from a neighbor 46 years ago.It goes to every family reunion, every family gathering and is a favorite to give at Christmas time."
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 1cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2cup granulated sugar
- 1/2cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1pinch salt
- 1cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 4 to 5 Heath bars, chopped
- 1cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Generously grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Mix together the flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, margarine, vanilla, and salt. Set aside 3/4 cup of this mixture to use for the topping. To the remaining flour mixture, add the buttermilk, egg, and baking soda. It will be lumpy, but do not use an electric mixer. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- To the reserved flour mixture, add the Heath bars and pecans. Spread evenly over the top of the batter. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the center is done.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen:
You can substitute 8 ounces of Heath Toffee Bits for the Heath bars.
Recipe by Mildred Bielser, Monmouth, Ill.