Hearty Fresh Mushroom Chili
- Yield 2 servings
Hearty mushrooms are used in place of meat in this delicious chili.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces (about 3 cups) fresh white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (15-ounce) can chicken or vegetable broth, reduced-sodium
- 8 ounces (about 3 cups) stewed tomatoes, reduced-sodium or no-salt-added
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, 50% less sodium
- 1 (7-ounce) can corn kernels, no-salt-added
- In a large saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook stirring frequently until mushrooms are tender and liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Stir in chili powder; cook and stir 1 minute. Add chicken broth, stewed tomatoes, kidney beans and corn. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer to blend flavors, about 10 minutes. Serve topped with tortilla chips, if desired.