Hearty Cajun Andouille Sausage Dip
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- 2-- (16 oz.) loaves King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread
- 8ounces Velveeta, cut into smaller blocks
- 8ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-- (12 oz.) Cajun style Andouille smoked pork sausage, cut into small pieces
- 1/2teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Carve out center core of bread within two inches of bottom and sides, keeping bread intact.
- Cut reserved bread and other loaf into 1-inch cubes for dipping.
- Place Andouille sausage pieces into large frying pan and sauté until cooked thoroughly.
- Add Velveeta cheese and cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Add Cajun seasoning; adjust to taste.
- Pour into hollowed out King's Hawaiian round loaf.
- Serve with celery sticks and additional pieces of King's Hawaiian bread cubes for dipping.
- Serve with a spoon or knife to help spread this hearty dip.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 1050
- Glycemic Load 0
- Fat 60g
- Saturated Fat 24g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
- Monounsaturated Fat 19g
- Cholesterol 160mg
- Sodium 1680mg
- Potassium 430mg
- Carbohydrate 90g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 22g
- Protein 37g
- Trans Fat 2g
- Vitamin A 15%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Calcium 35%
- Iron 30%