Hearts of Palm with Tangy Lemon Dressing
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2 to 3heads Boston lettuce, torn
- 5-- green onions, sliced, white part only
- 1-- (14-ounce) can hearts of palm, drained, sliced horizontally
- 2-- garlic cloves, minced
- 2teaspoons sugar
- -- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/2teaspoon paprika
- 6tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6tablespoons sour cream
- Combine the lettuce, green onions and hearts of palm in a large bowl; mix well. For the dressing, combine the garlic, sugar, lemon peel, salt, pepper, paprika, lemon juice and sour cream in a bowl. Whisk until well mixed. Pour over the salad; toss to coat.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Phoenix’s Reflections Under the Sun (the Junior League of Phoenix, Inc., Phoenix, Az., 1999).