Hearts of Palm with Tangy Lemon Dressing
- Yield 8 servings
This is a salad men really love.
- 2 to 3 heads Boston lettuce, torn
- 5 -- green onions, sliced, white part only
- 1 -- (14-ounce) can hearts of palm, drained, sliced horizontally
- 2 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- -- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- Combine the lettuce, green onions and hearts of palm in a large bowl; mix well. For the dressing, combine the garlic, sugar, lemon peel, salt, pepper, paprika, lemon juice and sour cream in a bowl. Whisk until well mixed. Pour over the salad; toss to coat.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Phoenix’s Reflections Under the Sun (the Junior League of Phoenix, Inc., Phoenix, Az., 1999).