Hearts of Palm Salad
- Yield 8 servings
This salad is simple to make and delicious.
- 1 -- (14-ounce) can hearts of palm
- 1 -- garlic clove
- -- Mixed salad greens
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup best extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salad herbs
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and let stand. Slice hearts of palm into 1-inch pieces; drain and chill. Rub wooden salad bowl with cut garlic clove and discard garlic. Toss greens with hearts of palm and tomatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, pour dressing over salad and toss again. Grind fresh black pepper over top and serve.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Tyler’s And Roses for the Table (The Junior League of Tyler, Texas 1997).