Hearts of Palm Salad
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1-- (14-ounce) can hearts of palm
- 1-- garlic clove
- -- Mixed salad greens
- 2cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3cup best extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon salad herbs
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and let stand. Slice hearts of palm into 1-inch pieces; drain and chill. Rub wooden salad bowl with cut garlic clove and discard garlic. Toss greens with hearts of palm and tomatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, pour dressing over salad and toss again. Grind fresh black pepper over top and serve.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Tyler’s And Roses for the Table (The Junior League of Tyler, Texas 1997).