- Yield servings
A quick-and-easy berry tart for your one true love.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 -- egg yolk
- -- Cold water
- 2 pints fresh berries—blackberries, strawberries, raspberries
- 1 -- jar lemon curd
- -- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place flour and salt in bowl of food processor and pulse together.
- Add butter pieces and pulse until well incorporated into flour and mixture looks crumbly. Add egg yolk; pulse into flour. Then drizzle cold water by tablespoons into flour mixture with processor running until a dough ball forms.
- Remove from processor roll out piecrust on floured board. Cut into 4 circles to fit into heart-shaped springform or other tart pans. Press gently into bottom and up sides of pan using a knife to cut off excess dough around top.
- Bake shells until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on rack. When cool remove tart from springform or tart pan.
- Fill each tart shell with about 1/3 cup lemon curd. Top with berries. Just before serving, sprinkle over top with powdered sugar if desired. Note: You can use this same recipe to make one large tart in a larger springform pan. As a timesaver, store-bought pie crust can also be used.
Recipe by Teresa Blackburn.