Healthy Vegetable Chili
- Yield 14 servings
This meatless chili recipe is packed with veggies and tons of flavor.
"One really cold day I wanted chili but didn't have any ground beef or turkey. So I used what I had on hand and came up with this recipe. My husband and daughter loved it. When it is cold, we like something that warms us from the inside out."
- 2 tablespoons canola or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium celery stalk, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- 3 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 (14-ounce) can reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (1-ounce) package chili seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Heat oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrot and garlic; cook until onion is translucent, about 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Increase heat to high; add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender and flavors are blended, about 40 minutes. Serves 14.
– Sue Brintle, Mt. Airy, N.C.