Healthy Italian Barramundi with Tomato and Wine Sauce
- Yield servings
- 2 pounds Australis Barramundi fillets
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons, olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 pound peeled diced tomatoes (canned or fresh, about a cup)
- 2 tablespoons corn starch mixed with 1/4 cup cold water
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Thaw fillets if frozen (about 20 min. under cold water) and pat dry
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent
- Add white wine, basil and oregano. Simmer for 1 minute
- Add diced tomatoes with juice. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes
- Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Stir in corn starch mixture to thicken to preferred consistency
- Place fillets on lightly greased baking pan
- Cover with tomato mixture.
- Bake a about 10 to 15 minutes, or until barramundi flakes easily.
Courtesy of Australis: The Better Fish