Clean Eating Roasted Chickpeas
- Yield: servings
- 3cups cooked chickpeas (canned or made fresh)
- 1tablespoon garlic powder
- 1tablespoon onion powder
- 1tablespoon cumin
- 2teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the beans out over a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes being sure to stir at 10 minute intervals. The longer you cook these, the crunchier they will get. But watch them closely so they do not burn. 40 minutes produces a softer, chewier bean and 60 will give you a crunchy bean.
- Allow to cool and serve.
Other Possible Flavor Combinations:
- Use 3 tbsp. Clean Eating Taco Seasoning + 1/2 tsp. sea salt and 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Use 3 tbsp. agave or honey + 2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. salt and 1 tbsp. safflower oil
- Use flavored oils in just about any flavor
- Use 1 tbsp. garlic powder, juice of 2 lemons + zest and 2 tbsp. dried rosemary
- Use 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar and 1 tsp. sea salt. Garlic and onion powder optional here.
- Use 2 tbsp. chili powder, 1 tbsp. paprika, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Use 2 tbsp. curry, 1 tbsp. garam masala (spicy!!), 1 tbsp. garlic powder and 1 tbsp. olive oil
Reprinted with permission from TheGraciousPantry.com by Tiffany McCauley.
Tiffany McCauley lives in the San Francisco Bay area and publishes TheGraciousPantry.com. A blog dedicated to the creation of clean eating recipes.