- Yield: servings
- 2small roasted beets
- 1cup chickpeas
- 1/4cup tahini
- 1/4cup water
- 1 to 2clove garlic, minced
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- Black pepper
- Rinse beets, cut off greens, and place in tin foil. Roast in a 425F oven for 40 minutes. Once beets have cooled, peel off outer skin and chop.
- Place roasted beets, chickpeas, tahini, water, minced garlic, cumin, extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add more olive oil if necessary to thin.
- Serve chilled with raw vegetables.
Reprinted with permission from www.veggietable-brooklyn.blogspot.com by Brooke Jackson. Brooke Jackson was born and raised in Alabama where she now lives with her husband and pomeranian. She has been a vegetarian more than half her live and is passionate about cooking with healthy foods.