Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Yield servings
- 1 pound peeled sweet potatoes cut into 1/4
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a small bowl combine cumin, oregano, coriander, salt, parsley, and pepper.
- Place sweet potatoes in a pile directly on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Use hands to toss until all pieces are well coated. Sprinkle seasoning mixture on top and toss again with hands to coat.
- Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer so that pieces are not touching each other. Place pan in oven and bake for 15 minutes. Use a metal spatula to gently flip fries and then return pan to oven. Cook for an additional 15-20 minutes or until fries are starting to lightly brown and crisp. Remove pan from oven and cool 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
*You want 1lb sweet potatoes after they are peeled, sliced, etc. If you weigh them at the store make sure you have a little more than a pound to allow for the peeling, and tossing of small pieces.
Reprinted with permission from ourbestbites.com. Cook Book authors and mothers Sara Wells and Kate Jones share family friendly recipes, along with kitchen tips and tricks, on their blog ourbestbites.com.