Hazelnut Date Bars
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 1/2cups hazelnuts, soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
- 10 dates, pitted
- 1/2cup cocoa powder or 1/2 cup Dutch pressed cocoa powder
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and scraped, seeds reserved
- 1pinch salt
- 1/4cup coconut, shredded
- Place the soaked hazelnuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground, but still chunky.
- Add the dates, vanilla bean and salt to the food processor. Pulse until the dates are incorporated, but there are still chunks of hazelnuts. Add a little water if you find it’s too dry or crumbly to hold together.
- Spoon the mixture into a small cake pan and press down firmly.
- Top the bars with shredded coconut, pop it in the fridge for about 1/2 hour, or until chilled and firm. Cut into bars.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 145.3
- Fat 11.9g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 1.5mg
- Carbohydrate 10.3g
- Fiber 3.6g
- Protein 3.5g