- Yield 3 servings
This easy-to-make baked potatoes topped with a delicious garlic-saffron oil are the perfect side dish to any meat entree.
- 1 -- garlic clove, smashed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, as needed
- 3 -- Idaho potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads, as needed
- 3 -- garlic cloves, sliced
- Simmer smashed garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil and butter in a small saucepan over low heat until ingredients are blended.
- Place potatoes horizontally on a cutting board. Starting at one end, thinly slice each potato, cutting three quarters through potato. Be careful not to cut completely through potato.
- Drizzle garlic oil mixture over potatoes and bake about 40 minutes in a 425F oven, until exterior is crispy and interior is soft.
- While potatoes are baking, heat saffron, sliced garlic and remaining olive oil in a saucepan over low heat. Slowly bring oil to a light simmer and when garlic is golden, remove pan from heat to infuse until potatoes are done.
- When potatoes are done, strain saffron oil through a fine meshed strainer. Drizzle about a tablespoon of oil over each baked potato and serve.