Harvest Vegetable Roast
- Yield 4 servings
The vegetables can be prepared ahead but roast them just before serving so you eat them hot from the oven.
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/2-inch-thick diagonal slices
- 1 pound parsnips, cut into 1/2-inch-thick diagonal slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place all ingredients except parsley in a nonreactive container and toss well to combine. Place vegetables on a jelly roll pan lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Place vegetables in oven and roast, tossing the vegetables occasionally, 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender and brown or caramelized. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.