- Yield: 12 servings
"Our river town is in the heart of wine country. I spent summers in the field picking grapes and autumns working as a tour guide at the wineries. This is where and when my love for autumn, food and social gatherings began. This simple appetizer is a wonderful complement to wine."
- 1/2cup chopped pecans
- 3/4cup light mayonnaise
- 4ounces cream cheese
- 1cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2cup chopped green onions
- 1/2cup seedless blackberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spread pecans on a baking sheet and toast 10 to 15 minutes. Watch carefully to prevent burning. Set aside to cool.
- Combine mayonnaise, cream cheese, mozzarella, Cheddar cheese and green onions. Spread in a shallow dish or pie plate. Refrigerate 1 hour to set slightly. Remove from refrigerator, sprinkle with toasted pecans and spread jam evenly over top. Serve with an assortment of crackers.
Recipe by Donna Wilson, Washington, Mo.