- Yield 4 servings
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tart dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 8 cups mesclun or other baby lettuce
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 8 ounces smoked or regular cooked turkey breast, cut into 1/2
- 1/2 cup walnut halves or pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup tart dried cherries or dried cranberries
- To make the dressing: Place the orange juice and dried cherries or cranberries in a microwaveable bowl. Heat until warm, about 30 seconds. Add the oil and vinegar. Blend or process until smooth but slightly chunky. Refrigerate.
- To make the salad: Toss the mesclun or lettuce, apples, turkey or salmon, walnuts, onion, blue cheese, and dried cherries or cranberries in a large bowl. Add the dressing.
Reprinted from 400 Calorie Fix by Liz Vaccariello with Mindy Hermann, RD, and the Editors of Prevention. Copyright (c) 2010 by Rodale Inc. By permission of Rodale, Inc., Emmaus, PA 18098.