Cranberry Chicken Burgers
- Yield servings
- Chicken cakes
- 2 pounds rotisserie chicken
- 3/4 cup green pepper chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup yellow pepper chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup green onion sliced thin
- 3/4 cup craisins
- 2 cups prepared stuffing (can use boxed mix prepared according to directions) 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 2 cups plain bread crumbs
- -- oil for cooking
- -- Red Pepper Sauce 7 ounce jar roasted red peppers drained
- 1/3 cup mayonaise
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
For the chicken cakes, pull meat from bones, remove skin and break into bite size pieces. Put the meat into a large mixing bowl with peppers, green onions, stuffing, craisins, and mayonaise. Mix until combined. Make eight even size balls and form into patties. Put bread crumbs into shallow dish and coat chicken patties on both sides and set on cookie sheet until ready to cook.
Preheat pan to medium heat and add 2 Tbs oil. Place patties in the pan and cook on each side for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. Cooked patties may be held in the oven on warm while the rest are cooked. Serve with a side of Red Pepper sauce.
Red Pepper Sauce
Put all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth.