Ham and Swiss Florentine Bake
- Yield 12 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 10 mins
This comfort casserole combines eggs, ham and spinach.
- 1 -- (16 oz.) loaf King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 pound ham, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 large eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 -- (6 oz.) package baby spinach
- 12 ounces shredded Swiss cheese (3 cups)
Bake bread cubes on baking sheet with a lip in preheated 200° F oven for 30 minutes stirring once.
Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet, sauté onions on medium heat 15 minutes, add ham. Continue to cook until onions are well browned.
Whisk together eggs, milk and seasonings.
Place half of dried cubes into greased 9x13x2-inch pan. Top with half of spinach, meat mixture, egg mixture then cheese. Repeat. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
Bake covered in a preheated 325F oven, 55 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10-15 min., or until knife comes out clean when inserted in center. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
Upload a photo
You must be logged in to add recipes to your favorites
Login or register here