Ham and Cheese Casserole
- Yield: 10 servings
- 1-- (16 oz.) loaf King's Hawaiian Bread
- 12ounces ham, diced
- 8ounces cheddar cheese, cubed
- 4-- eggs, slightly beaten
- 2cups milk
- 1/2teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2cup butter or margarine, melted
- Cut a 2-inch slice of bread to make into crumbs.
- Place bread into food processor bowl fit with steel blade attachment (use "pulse" setting until bread is finely crumbed.) Set aside.
- Lightly coat an 8-inch square baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cube remaining bread into 1-inch chunks.
- Mix bread and ham together. Place in baking dish and top with cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and dry mustard. Pour over meat mixture.
- Mix bread crumbs with melted butter. Sprinkle over casserole as garnish. Cover with foil and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Remove foil. Bake in a preheated 325F oven for 60 to 75 minutes or until golden brown.