Ham Balls with Tangy Mustard Glaze
- Yield: 40 pieces
"My mother made this recipe for ham balls with mustard glaze while I was growing up some 50 years ago. My grown children like it especially as part of a brunch menu."
- 1/2cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 to 1teaspoon dry mustard
- 2tablespoons fruit juice
- Ham balls:
- 1pound cooked ham, ground
- 1pound bulk pork sausage
- 2/3cup cracker crumbs
- 1/4 to 1/2cup milk
- 1/4cup chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- Black pepper, to taste
- Stir together brown sugar, mustard and juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- For the ham balls, mix ham, sausage, cracker crumbs, milk, onion, egg and pepper well. Roll into golf ball-size shapes. (Adjust the amount of milk to encourage easy rolling and firmness.) Fry in a large skillet, turning occasionally to brown on all sides.
- When cooked through, drain grease, and pour glaze over ham balls to coat well. Keep warm in a Crock-Pot or chafing dish. Serve with toothpicks. Yield: about 40 meatballs
Jan Supple, Cascade, Iowa