Ham and Egg Breakfast Burritos
- Yield 4 servings
Chock-full of ham and eggs, these tasty burritos are a welcomed treat for the first meal of the day.
- 12 ounces 97% fat-free cooked ham, chopped
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 -- egg whites
- 2 -- eggs, whole
- 2 tablespoons milk, nonfat
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 -- 8-inch flour tortillas, heated*
- 1/3 cup salsa
- -- Fresh cilantro or chives, chopped (optional)
- -- Nonstick cooking spray
- Cook red and green bell peppers and onion over medium heat in large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray for 3-5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Beat together egg whites, eggs, milk, salt and black pepper in medium bowl until combined. Pour egg mixture over vegetables in skillet. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until egg mixture begins to set on bottom and around edge. Lift and fold the partially cooked egg mixture with spatula so uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and folding mixture until eggs are cooked through, but still glossy and moist. Fold in ham; continue cooking until heated through, gently folding mixture occasionally. Remove skillet from heat.
- To assemble, spoon mixture near the center on each tortilla. Fold bottom up over filling. Fold in side and roll to enclose mixture. To serve, top with salsa. Garnish with cilantro or chives, if desired.