Ham and Cheese Stuffed Pumpkin
- Yield servings
This neat recipe, with it flavorful ham and cheese, rich cream, and sweet pumpkin, is a great way to make use of pumpkin shells as well as a cool way to enjoy a well balanced meal.
- 1 -- (3-pound) pumpkin
- 4 ounces stale bread in pieces
- 4 ounces chopped ham
- 4 ounces grated Gruyere cheese or cheddar
- 1 ounce grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 2 -- garlic cloves, chopped
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- -- Fresh thyme
- -- Maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375F. Cut top off pumpkin and scoop out seeds and goop. Save seeds to roast. Brush pumpkin with maple syrup.
- Combine remaining ingredients. Spoon into pumpkin, pressing down. Pumpkin should be full.
- Place on a foil lined baking pan. Bake 90 minutes to 2 hours or until pumpkin is tender and filling is bubbly. Serve, scooping pumpkin pulp out with filling.