Ham and Cheese Grits Quiche
- Yield 6 servings
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup dry quick-cooking grits
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely diced ham
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- Salt and pepper
- dash Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In small saucepan, bring water to boil; stir in grits. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- In bowl, combine cooked grits, milk, cheese, ham, eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour mixture into 9-inch pie plate coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 30 minutes or until set.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg and Gerald Miletello’s Eating Well Through Cancer: Easy Recipes & Recommendations During and After Treatment (2001).