Ham and Cheese Grits Quiche
- Yield 6 servings
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup dry quick-cooking grits
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely diced ham
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- Salt and pepper
- dash Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Boil water in a small saucepan then stir in grits. Cook for 5 minutes on reduced heat. Grits should begin to thicken.
- Combine cooked grits, milk, cheese, ham, eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour mixture into pie plate. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and set.