Ham and Asparagus Brunch Bake
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2-- (6-ounce) packages original recipe long grain and wild rice
- 1pound asparagus, cut into pieces
- 2cups chopped ham
- 1cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4cup finely chopped red onions
- 1cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Prepare the rice in a saucepan using the package directions, adding the asparagus during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Add the ham, bell pepper and onion and mix well. Spoon into a greased 7 1/2×11-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with the cheese. Bake at 350F for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Gwinnett and North Fulton Counties’ At Your Service (the Junior League of Gwinnett and North Fulton Counties, Inc., Duluth, Georgia, 2001).