- Yield servings
- 2 sleeves Ritz-style crackers
- creamy peanut butter
- 1 12-ounce bag white chocolate chips
- 1 12-ounce bag semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Crisco shortening
- decorative icings, orange and yellow
- green dumdrops, cut in half
- Spread peanut butter on 32 crackers and cover with another cracker, sandwich style. Melt chocolate chips separately in a double boiler with one tablespoon shortening per bag. (This also can be accomplished in a microwave oven on very low heat, stirring at one-minute intervals.) Dip the peanut butter crackers in the chocolate to coat evenly. Set aside on waxed paper. when chocolate is firm, decorate with icings and gumdrops.
Tips from our Test Kitchen: This recipe is messy, but kid-friendly. Get your children and grandchildren involved.