- Yield 3 dozen
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 1 -- (5-ounce) can chow mein noodles
- 1 -- (10-ounce) can cashews or peanuts
- Heat the butterscotch chips with the peanut butter in a saucepan over low heat until melted, stirring until smooth. Stir in the chow mein noodles and cashews.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper to form small haystacks. Let stand at room temperature until set.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Parkersburg’s Everything But The Entree (the Junior League of Parkersburg, West Virginia, 1999).