Halibut with Red Pepper Sauce
- Yield 12 servings
Use halibut, haddock, group or red snapper in this dish, topped with a red pepper sauce.
- 6 pounds halibut steaks (can use Haddock, Grouper or Red Snapper fillets, fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 cups minced onion
- 6 -- red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 3 -- (16-ounce) cans tomatoes, undrained, cut up
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- To prepare the steaks: Preheat broiler. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper; brush with margarine. Broil an additional 5 to 8 minutes or until fish is firm, turns translucent to opaque.
- To prepare the sauce: In a saucepan, melt butter; add onions and peppers and cook just until tender, about 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Place halibut steaks on a serving platter and spoon Red Pepper Sauce over them.