Guiltless Apricot Cranberry Sauce
- Yield 1-1/2 cups
- Prep 10
- Cook 30
A light and elegant addition to any meal, with 64 percent less sugar than traditional cranberry sauce.
This quick and easy recipe is sure to shine with its combination of fresh cranberries, oranges, and walnuts. Instead of using granulated sugar found in traditional recipes, this sauce uses honey and no sugar apricot spread As a great meal accompaniment, this sauce serves as a perfect fit for the classic turkey and cranberry combination without using high amounts of sugar.
- 1/2 pound fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup no sugar added apricot spread
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 -- orange slices, halved
- 2 -- cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Place all ingredients except walnuts in a medium saucepan.
- Press orange slices with the back of a spoon to release juices and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Let cool, then remove orange slices and cinnamon sticks. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with walnuts.
Recipe by Patty Mastracco, I Do Food.