Guacamole from Chef Rick Bayless
- Yield 6 servings
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 small jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1/4 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 medium tomato, chopped into 1/4-inch dice
- Peel and seed avocado. Mash with a large fork or potato masher. Add remaining ingredients; stir gently. If not using immediately, cover with plastic wrap pressed directly on the surface of the guacamole and refrigerate-preferably not more than a few hours. Yield: 1 1/2 cups.
Adapted from Mexican Everyday, by Rick Bayless (W. W. Norton & Company, 2005).