Guacamole Chicken Salad
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 0 mins
- 2 -- avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 cups diced, cooked chicken breast meat*
- 1 cup toasted, chopped California walnuts
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery (about 3 ribs)
- 3 -- plum tomatoes, halved, seeded and chopped
- 6 -- (or more, depending on size) whole leaves of butter lettuce or radicchio
- Put the avocado in a large bowl and mash it with a fork until almost smooth.
- Stir in the lime juice, garlic, salt, pepper.
- Add the chicken, walnuts, onion, celery and tomatoes, and stir to coat with the avocado.
- To serve, place a leaf or two of lettuce on each plate, and mound the salad in the center.
*Note: Use home-cooked roasted or poached chicken, or deli-roasted chicken.