- Yield 4 cups
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Guacamole is an avocado showcase that everybody digs. Enjoy as a dip for tortilla chips or spread onto warm flour tortillas, rolled and eaten out of hand.
Hass avocados, the bumpy ones, have a firm flesh and stronger flavor than smooth-skinned avocados. They make a much more flavorful, smoother-textured guacamole.
- 4 ripe avocadoes, peeled and seeded
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 medium Roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup minced sweet white onion
- 2 Serrano chilies, seeded, if desired, and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Hot pepper sauce, optional to taste
- Sea salt, optional to taste
- White pepper, optional to taste
- Cut avocados in large chunks and mash coarsely with a fork. Add remaining ingredients and blend gently, leaving some small chunks of avocado.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with more pepper sauce, salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of the Hass Avocado Board, avocadocentral.com