Gruyere Thyme Potatoes
- Yield: 12 servings
- 2 1/2pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and sliced (about 3)
- -- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2cups (6-ounces) shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1cup large shallots, chopped
- 1/2cup (2-ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1teaspoon dried thyme
- -- Pepper to taste
- 2tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Boil the potatoes in salted water in a large saucpan for 25 minutes or until tender; drain. Combine the Gruyere cheese, shallots, Parmesan cheese, thyme, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and mix well. Grease a 4-quart baking dish with the butter.
- Layer the potoates and cheese mixture alternately in the prepared baking dish, ending with the cheese mixture. Pour the cream over the layers. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- This dish can be prepared ahead and stored in the refrigerator. Add 10 to 15 minutes to the baking time.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Tallahassee’s A Thyme to Celebrate (the Junior League of Tallahassee, Inc. Tallahassee, Florida 2009).