Chicken Meatballs with Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
- 1box (16 oz) short pasta
- 1pound lean ground chicken
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1/4teaspoon oregano
- 1tablespoon finely chopped basil
- 1/4cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg white
- 1tablespoon oil
- 2tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3cloves garlic, minced
- 1cup chicken broth
- 1/2cup whipping cream
- 1/3cup oil packed sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4cup grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken with salt, pepper, oregano, basil, bread crumbs, and egg white.
- Use your hands to mix well and then form balls about 2 inches in diameter.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add meatballs and cook for about 6 to 8 minutes, while turning frequently. They should be browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Remove the meatballs from the pan and set aside.
- Add the butter to the pan and let it melt. Add the garlic and cook until it becomes fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and use a wooden spoon to scrape the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in the sundried tomatoes, cream and parmesan.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer and cook for about 3 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return the meatballs to the pan tossing well to coat. Remove from heat and stir in the pasta. Serve immediately.
This article from Alimentari Magazine was republished with permission. It originally appeared as Chicken Basil Meatballs with Sundried Tomato Cream Sauce.