- 2 Vidalia onions, peeled and cut 1/2-inch slices
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare an charcoal fire in your outdoor grill. Add some pre-soaked oak chips if available.)
- Brush onion slices with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- When fire is ready, place onion slices on grill but not directly over coals. Cook until grill marks are formed. Carefully turn and grill the other side. Take your time and grill them slowly. When onions are cooked, carefully transfer to a serving platter.
Recipe by Chef Gerry Klaskala , Aria, Atlanta, Ga.