Grilled Pork Chops and Vegetables
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 15 mins
Grilled pork chops and a fresh veggie platter are ideal for any summer grill-outs.
Serve with Texas pecan rice or jasmine rice.
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh lemongrass
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated, peeled fresh ginger
- 1 small red Thai chili or jalapeño, trimmed, seeded if desired, and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Asian fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Vegetables and Pork:
- 4 (6-ounce) center-cut pork chops
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 medium yellow or red bell peppers, cored, seeded and cut into wedges
- To prepare marinade, mix all marinade ingredients together. Marinade will keep, covered, in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
- To prepare vegetables, combine half the marinade with vegetables in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- To prepare meat, combine remaining marinade with pork chops in a large zip-top plastic bag. Refrigerate both vegetables and meat for 30 minutes to 8 hours.
- Prepare grill. Drain vegetables and pork chops. Grill about 15 minutes or until meat is cooked through and surface is lightly browned.
Adapted from The BBQ Queens’ Big Book of Barbecue by Karen Adler and Judith Fertig (The Harvard Common Press, 2005).