Grilled Pork Chops and Vegetables
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
Serve with Texas pecan rice or jasmine rice.
- 1tablespoon thinly sliced fresh lemongrass
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 1tablespoon grated, peeled fresh ginger
- 1small red Thai chili or jalapeño, trimmed, seeded if desired, and finely chopped
- 1teaspoon Asian fish sauce
- 1teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2teaspoons cornstarch
- 1tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2cup reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1teaspoon soy sauce
- 1teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- Vegetables and Pork:
- 4 (6-ounce) center-cut pork chops
- 1large onion, cut into wedges
- 2medium yellow or red bell peppers, cored, seeded and cut into wedges
- To prepare marinade, mix all marinade ingredients together. Marinade will keep, covered, in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
- To prepare vegetables, combine half the marinade with vegetables in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- To prepare meat, combine remaining marinade with pork chops in a large zip-top plastic bag. Refrigerate both vegetables and meat for 30 minutes to 8 hours.
- Prepare grill. Drain vegetables and pork chops. Grill about 15 minutes or until meat is cooked through and surface is lightly browned.
Adapted from The BBQ Queens’ Big Book of Barbecue by Karen Adler and Judith Fertig (The Harvard Common Press, 2005).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 240
- Fat 9g
- Sodium 620mg
- Carbohydrate 10g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 27g