Grilled Vegetable Hoagies
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1medium zucchini
- 1medium yellow squash
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1small eggplant
- 6large white mushrooms
- 1/4cup low-fat Italian salad dressing
- 4 (6-inch) French rolls
- 1/2cup (2 ounces) shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- Chopped basil
- Slice vegetables into thin strips; pat dry.
- Grill crisscross marks on each strip. Drizzle with salad dressing.
- Place vegetables on split French rolls. Top with cheese.
- Toast in a 400F oven until brown. Top with basil.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Great American Opportunities, Inc., Quick & Easy Grilling, (Great American Opportunities, Inc., 2003)