Grilled Turkey Salad with Dijon Mustard Dressing
- Yield: 4 servings
- Homemade Dijon Dressing:
- 1/3cup white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2teaspoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2teaspoon garlic juice or 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1/2teaspoon sugar
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3cup salad oil
- 1pound turkey breast tenderloins or cutlets, grilled
- 12 to 16-- cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 12 to 16small mushrooms, cut in half
- 1small red onion, peeled, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 1medium sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and cut into long thin strips
- 1/2cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 to 1/2cup Dijon mustard dressing
- 4cups torn mixed salad greens, chilled and divided
- -- Coarsely ground black pepper
- To prepare dressing, whisk the first 5 ingredients listed above in a small bowl.
- Gradually whisk oil into mixture until thickened and thoroughly blended.
- Store covered in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- To prepare salad, with a sharp knife, cut grilled turkey across the grain into 1 1/2 x 1/4-inch strips.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, sweet red pepper strips and parsley.
- Add Dijon dressing, tossing lightly to coat turkey and vegetables thoroughly.
- Arrange about 1 cup crisp torn mixed salad greens on each of 4 small dinner plates.
- Spoon turkey mixture onto lettuce-lined plates, dividing evenly.
- Sprinkle each salad lightly with coarsely ground black pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Cargill.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 300
- Fat 14g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 71mg
- Sodium 71mg
- Carbohydrate 12g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 7g
- Protein 33g