Grilled Tuna with Golden Raisin Chutney
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 25 mins
Spicy, tangy raisin chutney—a natural with fish and other meats, too.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (2-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1 1/2 cups California golden raisins
- 12 to 14 black peppercorns
- 1 (1-inch) julienned fresh gingerroot
- 6 boneless, skinless tuna fillets (6 ounces each)
- In 1-quart nonreactive saucepan, bring sugar, water and vinegar to boil over medium-high heat. Add red pepper, turmeric, cloves, cinnamon stick, peppercorns and ginger. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 5 minutes to blend flavors. Add raisins and continue cooking on low 8 to 10 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Grill or broil tuna fillets for 3 to 4 minutes on each side (145F). Transfer tuna to serving platter; spoon about 2 tablespoons chutney over each fillet. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of the California Raisin Marketing Board