Grilled Thai Steak Noodle Bowl
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3tablespoons fish sauce
- 3tablespoons lime juice
- 6tablespoons warm water
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2teaspoons peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 rib-eye, strip loin or top sirloin steak (about 12 ounces)
- 1 (6-ounce) package vermicelli rice noodles (maifun)
- For Serving:
- 4 large green or red leaf lettuce leaves, separated, washed and dried
- 1large carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced into thin crescents
- 1/2cup cilantro leaves, stemmed
- 1/2cup mint leaves, stemmed
- Sriricha or other hot sauce, for serving (optional)
- To make dressing, combine fish sauce, lime juice, water, sugar, garlic, shallot and ginger in a small bowl and stir until sugar dissolves. Put steak in a shallow bowl, pour in 1/4 cup of dressing and marinate 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Lift steak from marinade, pat dry and grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing it into very thin strips.
- To serve, tear lettuce into the bottom of 4 bowls. Add noodles and add carrots, cucumber, cilantro and mint. Top with steak and dressing. Add a splash of sriricha, if using.
For more dinner recipes under 400 calories and with less than 20 grams of fat, check out our FREE 25 Dinners on a Diet Recipe Collection for the iPad on iTunes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 310
- Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 30mg
- Sodium 1120mg
- Carbohydrate 48g
- Fiber 6g
- Protein 17g