Grilled Summer Vegetables
- Yield 6 servings
Perfectly grilled vegetables are a healthy summertime side.
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 large yellow squash
- 3 -- red, yellow or orange bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs (thyme, rosemary, or oregano) or 1 tablespoon fresh herbs
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cut zucchini and squash into large diagonal slices. Cut peppers into quarters or large strips. Place in a large bowl. Drizzle oil over top. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, herbs, salt and pepper. Toss.
- Prepare grill.
- Place vegetables on grill grate over a medium-high heat; cook until vegetables are slightly browned and tender.
Recipe by Kristine Gasbarre.