Grilled Steak Fajitas
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1pound Laura's Lean Beef Ribeye Steak (may substitute strip, sirloin, or flank)
- 1teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2teaspoon cumin
- 1/2teaspoon chili powder
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium-hot Poblano pepper (dark green and triangular)
- 1medium yellow onion
- 8 fat-free flour tortillas
- Tomatoes, optional
- At least two hours before dinner, dust a 1-pound Laura’s Lean Beef ribeye steak with freshly ground black pepper, cumin, and chili powder. Let sit in refrigerator so spice flavors can penetrate the meat.
- Cut the peppers into large segments, discarding the ribs and seeds. Next, cut onion into thick slices, making sure not to pull onion rings apart.
- Prepare grill and adjust heat accordingly.
- Place peppers and onion slices on grill and cover. Roast peppers by turning frequently until they are covered with dark spots, but not burnt. Cook onion slices until brown, being sure not to char.
- Remove peppers and onion slices from grill. After allowing the peppers to cool 3-4 minutes, pull off the waxy-papery skins. Slice the peppers crosswise into strips. Next, take the onion slices and break into rings. Mix the peppers and onions in a serving bowl.
- Place Laura’s Lean Beef ribeye on grill, turning frequently. (Note: Laura’s Lean Beef cooks in 1/3 less time.)
- Warm eight fat-free tortillas on the edge of the grill, keeping them away from direct heat, so they warm and soften but don’t dry out or turn crisp.
- 8. After cooking, remove steak from grill and cut diagonally into thin slices. Roll several slices of steak and a share of the peppers and onions into tortillas and serve.
Cooking Tip: It is important to let the dry rub of spices penetrate the meat. It not only tenderizes the meat, but also adds extra flavor. For a short cut, peppers don’t have to be peeled.
Recipe courtesy of Laura’s Lean Beef.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 334
- Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 60mg
- Sodium 426mg
- Carbohydrate 35g
- Fiber 14g
- Protein 20g