Grilled and Spiced Pina Colada
- Yield 4 servings
Grilled pineapple and spiced rum make this pina colada a summer star!
Serve these spectacular pina coladas with a creamy guacamole and crispy tortilla chips for a perfect summer al fresco break.
- 1 cup grilled pineapple
- 2 ounces sweet coconut cream
- 2 ounces spiced rum, such as Sailor Jerry
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Cooking spray
- Heat grill.
- Remove top and skin of pineapple and cut into quarters, lengthwise. Remove the tough core at the tip of the quarters’ ‘triangle’. Spray each quarter with cooking spray and grill until lightly charred. Cut into medium-size chunks. Each quarter should yield one cup of chunks.
- Combine grilled pineapple chunks, coconut cream, rum and ice in a blender. Process on high until smooth and frothy.
- Evenly pour mixture into four, chilled highball glasses. Top each glass with an extra splash of spiced rum.