Grilled Shrimp with Tomato Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 2 mins
Add crostini, fresh mozzarella cheese or fresh leafy greens to this refreshing dinner.
- 1/2cup white wine vinegar
- 3tablespoons orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2teaspoons chopped cilantro
- 1tablespoon honey
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- White pepper
- Tomato Salad:
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 12 red grape tomatoes, cut into halves
- 12 yellow pear tomatoes, cut into halves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4tablespoons basil, cut into thin ribbons
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk well.
- To prepare shrimp, combine olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes and shrimp in a large bowl. Let stand 15 to 30 minutes. Addwhite pepper.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Thread shrimp on skewers; place grill rack. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, until just pink. (Or grill jumbo shrimp directly on the grill.)
- To prepare salad, toss grape and pear tomatoes into vinaigrette. Sprinkle with pepper. Slice beefsteak tomatoes and Roma tomatoes into 1/8-inch-thick slices and place on serving plates. Spoon grape and pear tomatoes and vinaigrette on top and garnish with basil. Serve with shrimp.
—Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton