Grilled Shrimp with Spicy Asian Ketchup
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4cup ketchup
- 2tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 4-- radishes, very thinly sliced on a mondoline
- 2tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1-- thai bird chile or 1 serrano chile, finely diced
- 1tablespoon sugar
- 3tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- -- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1pound large shrimp (21 to 24), peeled and deveined
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- Whisk together the ketchup, lime juice, soy sauce, shallot, radish, ginger, chile, sugar and cilantro in a medium bowl and season lightly with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Can be made 8 hours in advance and refrigerated; do not add the cilantro until ready to serve. Heat the grill to high.
- Toss the shrimp with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Place onto skewers and grill for 1 to 2 minutes per side until lightly golden brown and just cooked through. Serve sauce in a bowl, surrounded by the shrimp.