Grilled Shrimp with Rio Star Grapefruit Glaze
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1teaspoon grapefruit zest
- 1/2cup fresh Texas Rio Star Grapefruit juice (1 grapefruit)
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 2tablespoons honey
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 1pound jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked for 30 minutes in water
- Prepare the grill.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, grapefruit zest, grapefruit juice, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper.
- Add shrimp to the marinade, stirring well to coat. Let marinate for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
- Thread shrimp onto wooden skewers. Cook the shrimp until just done, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Brush each side with glaze while grilling.
- In a small saucepan, bring the remaining glaze to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, remove from heat and pour over shrimp skewers and serve.
Recipe courtesy of TexaSweet