Grilled Shrimp Salad “Mollie”
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 10 mins
Louie-style dressing remade! Still pink and creamy, only friendlier to the waistline.
- 2 tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat mayonnaise (preferably canola based)
- 2 tablespoons cocktail sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (possibly more to taste)
- 1 pinch salt (optional, to taste)
- 1 pinch sugar (optional, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon crushed or minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 16 large prawns, peeled and deveined
- -- Salt and pepper (optional)
- -- Shredded romaine lettuce
- 8 -- cherry tomatoes, cut in half (2 for each serving)
- 2 -- hard-boiled eggs, in lengthwise quarters
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives (optional)
- 1/2 cup walnut halves (optional)
- Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, cocktail sauce and lime juice in a medium-small bowl and whisk to combine. Taste to see if it needs more lime. Add salt and sugar to taste as well, if desired. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Combine the lime juice and garlic in a pie dish. Whisk in the oil. Add the prawns and swish them around until they all come into contact with the marinade. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, and cover the pan. Refrigerate for a minimum or 4 hours (overnight is OK).
- Assemble the salad ingredients on four serving plates. Preheat a grill to medium-high – or turn on the broiler. Cook the prawns for 2 minutes, then turn and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes on the other side. They are done when opaque. Transfer the hot prawns to the top of the salad – 4 prawns per serving.
- Top with a generous dollop of the dressing, and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Mollie Katzen.