Grilled Shrimp on a Stick
- Yield: 4 servings
I have a passion for cooking and enjoy making this awesome crowd-pleaser that is great for a party - like on July 4. I have 8-year-old identical twin girls who have been learning to cook.
- 1 (10-ounce) can pineapple chunks in syrup
- 1/2cup soy sauce
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1/4cup vegetable oil
- 3medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1teaspoon grated fresh ginger, or to taste
- 1teaspoon pepper
- 2tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 green onions, chopped (green part only)
- 1/2pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, leave tails on
- Drain pineapple chunks, reserving syrup. Combine soy sauce, sugar, oil, garlic, ginger, pepper, sesame seeds, onions and reserved pineapple syrup in a gallon-size zip-top plastic freezer bag. Seal bag tightly and shake to blend thoroughly. Transfer 1 cup of the marinade to a bowl.
- Add shrimp to bag. Seal tightly and shake to coat thoroughly. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours, but no longer than 4 hours.
- Preheat grill to high. Thread wooden skewers, alternating shrimp and pineapple. Place on the grill rack 4 to 5 inches from heat source. Grill until shrimp is opaque in the center, about 3 minutes on each side, basting with the reserved marinade.
— Shelia Hake, Bossier City, LA