Grilled Shrimp and Scallop Fajitas
- Yield: 4 servings
- 12large (16-20) shrimp, peeled and deveined, about 3/4 pound
- 8 (12 inch) skewers
- 12 sea scallops, about 3/4 pound
- 1large red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and cut into 20 squares
- 1large sweet onion, cut into eights, seperated
- 1large green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and cut into 20 squares
- 1/2teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4cup fresh lime juice
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2teaspoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 8 (7 to 9-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- Red & Green Salsa
- 2 firm-ripe avocados, peeled, seeded and chopped into small squares
- 2teaspoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups prepared salsa
- Thread shrimp, red pepper and half the onion onto 4 skewers, running skewer through each shrimp twice. Thread scallops, green pepper and remaining onion onto 4 more skewers. Place skewers on a large, shallow platter.
- Combine lime peel, lime juice, oil, honey, garlic, pepper and salt. Pour over skewers and marinate, turning occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes.
- To make salsa, toss avocado with lime juice and gently stir into the prepared salsa. Let stand 20 minutes or refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Coat grill rack with vegetable cooking spray. Heat grill.
- Place skewers on grill rack 4 to 6 inches above medium-hot coals. Grill, turning once, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, just until seafood is opaque. Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and heat on grill.
- To make fajitas, slide portions of the seafood and vegetables off skewers into warm tortillas. Add “red and green salsa” to taste. Roll up tortilla to enclose filling.
Recipe courtesy of The Shrimp Council
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 492
- Fat 16g
- Cholesterol 203mg
- Sodium 634mg
- Carbohydrate 48g
- Protein 43g