Grilled Sausage and Pesto Pasta
- Yield 4 servings
Use the hot grill to grill garlic bread or heat focaccia to accompany this easy and hearty summer dish with sausage and pesto.
- 12 ounces Italian sausage links
- 8 ounces farfalle or other small pasta shape, cooked and drained, kept warm
- 1/2 cup basil pesto, purchased or homemade
- 1/2 -- red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- -- Fresh basil, chopped
- Prepare medium-hot fire in grill; grill sausage directly over fire, turning to cook and brown evenly, about 10-12 minutes, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160 degrees F. Remove from fire and set aside. In large shallow bowl, toss farfalle and pesto; toss to coat evenly. Slice sausage into rounds and add along with diced red pepper and cheese. Garnish with chopped fresh basil.