Grilled Satay-Glazed Lamb Chops
- Yield: 2-4 servings
Taking a cue from richly spiced Satay, neatly trimmed double lamb chops are marinated in a mix of honey, cumin, salt and pepper, then basted with a flavorful glaze of curried coconut milk while they cook on a hot grill.
- 1/4cup cooking oil, plus more to oil grill
- 1/4cup honey
- 1 1/2teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2teaspoons pepper
- 1 1/2teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 Frenched double lamb chops, about 2-inches thick
- 1cup coconut milk
- 2tablespoons curry paste
- Combine oil, honey, salt, pepper and cumin in a small bowl. Place lamb chops in a deep container and cover with marinade. Let sit 1 hour. Cover chop tips with aluminum foil and pat chops dry.
- Heat grill. Oil hot grill and cook chops 5 to 7 minutes on one side. Flip and cook to desired doneness, making sure you cook the sides as well.
- Meanwhile, combine coconut milk and curry paste in a small bowl. Liberally baste the chops on all sides while cooking with coconut-curry mix. Let chops rest 5 minutes and enjoy.